Thursday, January 27, 2011

Samoan pouches

I signed up for a craft fair at a local church a bit ago. Unfortunately only 4 crafters signed up so they had to cancel the event. I did make some new items in preparation though.


I made these Samoan zippered pouches from some of the beautiful fabric I purchased from Barb. I have a bunch of scrap strips from my Samoan Stars quilt and there was no way I was going to throw anything away.



This is the front. I decided to use some black in between the Samoan fabrics. The front has batting and is quilted in simple lines.



I used the bold yellow Samoan fabric for the lining (which stills need to be hand sewn shut). The back is another piece of Samoan fabric. This is the first time I cut into this fabric. It just screams to be made into a tote bag. Even the zippers were from Barb. It worked out well that I had a few different colors for the zippers because I think plain white or black zippers would have been boring. These pouches will be going in the shop soon.

Does anyone have a good source for zippers? I like to buy them in bulk because I use alot of zippers.



* I made several projects prior to injuring my shoulder. I will be taking pictures and posting them during my recovery. I am following doctor's orders by slowly increasing the use of my left arm and strictly limiting the use of my right arm*

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the little pouches! The Samoan fabric is just gorgeous too. Definitely listen to those doctors orders and don't over do it. Wishing a speedy recovery, so that you can do more sewing.

Katie :o) said...

Ha! When I saw the photo of the little purses, I thought the fabric would be from Barb :o) Very cute little totes! I made similar gifts for a few people for Christmas... fun to make!

Just JaiCi's Crafts said...

just ADORABLE!!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful bags! I love the Samoan fabrics.

Unknown said...

these are so pretty Robin.....I cant tell you about zippers because I still have never put one in! Can you believer it?

Barb said...

Oh....I just love love love those pouches...

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love them! and I have some of her yummy fabric, I just love it too!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Good girl on following the doctors orders!!!! Love those little purses--and even the colors are ok with me --great job!!
Hugs, di