Sunday, November 25, 2018

Quilt Blocks and Hand Embroidery



I felt like making some random 12.5" blocks the other day. I love sewing with batiks.



I have don't really have any plans for these blocks. I just felt like making them. For now, I'll add them to my other random blocks that I've made in the past. Eventually they will become a quilt or two but for now it's just fun to sew without immediate purpose. 



I spent several hours yesterday working on my Heart Flower Embroidery Design by CutesyCrafts. She has some fun embroidery designs but also wander around her blog for a bit. There are lots of fun things to see and make.    I am working on this design as part of my Hand Embroidery Series over on my YouTube channel.  A very relaxing way to spend a Saturday. The embroidery portion is almost finished. Then I get to decide how to finish the entire piece. I'm sure I will make it into a small art quilt like my other embroidery projects. I just need to decide on fabrics. 

















1 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Two pretty blocks you made--
but that heart piece is just sooooo pretttty--doing a good job--
so keep it going--
enjoy, di