Thursday, October 4, 2007

What's old is new again...

When my kids outgrow or just don't want their old clothes anymore I hate to just toss them. Sometimes I will take them up to Goodwill or pass them on to someone else. Before school started, we purged their closets and dressers of things that didn't fit or they would never wear again. Now that I have started sewing, I thought these would be perfect to use for our grandson Jacob. I used t-shirts, sweatshirts, and jeans. I turned them into jammies, sweatpants, jeans, and lounge pants. I also made some pants from purchased material. It's a great way to practice making things and to try out new ideas or stitches. If they aren't perfect, Jacob (1) won't complain! He outgrows everything so fast anyways...



Yankee sweats from a sweatshirt




fun jeans




t-shirt lounge pants or jammies





Christmas lounge pants




Halloween jeans



from t-shirts

2 comments:

Tina said...

Robin that is so cool! I have wanted to do that (I read something like it in a Frugal book, besides I just hate to throw things away.) That is so cool. I don't have my sewing machine so I would have to do it by hand, but... Great job and great idea! I like the last pants with the pictures those are the coolest. :D

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Thanks Tina!