Monday, February 9, 2009

The day after

Thank you to all who wished me a Happy Birthday!


I didn't get any quilting done this weekend like I had hoped. I did get to go through some of my scraps and cut them into some 2" strips for future quilting scrapiness though. On Saturday I had to run a few unexpected errands and take care of a few things. Plus make the pizza and hot wings. Both of which turned out exceptional!

I opened the fridge up Saturday afternoon and realized it felt awfully warm :( Not a good thing. I had to transfer all the stuff in it to the back up fridge in the garage. Formally known as the beer box. Nobody drinks anymore, so now it is just a back up in case of extra food or fridge troubles. I let the house fridge sit for 24 hours hoping it was just frozen. Luckily, I was right. Something must have happened and it was loaded inside with ice. Somewhere I couldn't see, but the puddles on the floor told the story. Good thing I though ahead to place some thick towels down just in case :) After it sat for about 24 hours, I plugged it back in. I was so happy to see that the temp was back down where it belonged when I checked on it a couple hours later. The other good part...I now have a very clean fridge inside and out! I vacuumed the coils and wiped the inside out all nice and clean. Fingers crossed, but it is still running nice and cold. I was hoping that would be the only problem. This fridge is less than 7 years old.

Now, I asked the family if they noticed if the inside of the fridge seemed warm at all that day. I'm sure most of you won't be surprised about the answers I received. Gee honey, I thought it felt a bit warm in there. Awe Mom, I was going to mention it to you but I forgot. Then they all watched me as I carried all the things from the kitchen out to the garage. Then came the "I was gonna help but you looked like you were OK " talk. Thanks guys!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I guess all families are the same huh?