Thursday, June 30, 2016

Sock monkey knitting



My son Robbie and his girlfriend Hailey have been dating for almost 7 months. That's a long time for a couple 16 + 17 year olds. Hailey asked for a pink stuffed alien or a sock monkey. I decided to knit a sock monkey first because I haven't seen an acceptable sewing pattern for an alien yet. This lady will be a 7 month anniversary gift. Remember being that age and counting the weeks and months of a relationship? Nowadays I have to stop and calculate how long hubby and I have been together (26 years together and married for 20 in October).






 I just know we are on our second lifetime. First it was those young years when we were starting our little family. Now that our youngest is 17 I feel like we are on our second lifetime together. I remember when I was in my 20's (and knew everything) and thought that 50 was kinda old and a long time away. Now that I'm 47 fifty isn't so far away anymore. Now we are beginning a new part of our lives which includes adult children (25 and 28). Both lifetimes have pros and cons but I know I will be enjoying this time of my life.















1 comments:

Barb said...

Love your sock monkey and so will his girlfriend...oh to be so young....