Monday, November 27, 2017

November UFO finishes


After dealing with all the preparations for Thanksgiving I knew I wanted to spend a little time sewing yesterday. I haven't had much time to just sit and sew this month. I was going to play with some scraps until I remembered I still needed to work on my November WIP from the Quilting Around the World quilt along. This month I chose 6 small stockings that I started a couple years ago. I had the fronts done but I still needed to finish the rest.



As you can see I went totally scrappy. I used Elanor Burn's Quilt in a Day Strip stocking pattern. I linked to the free pattern page. Scroll down about 3/4s of the page and you'll find the pattern. It opens up as a pdf.  I normally struggle with the cuff and little hanger placement but this time everything worked out well. It made for a very relaxing morning in the sewing room. The hum of the sewing machine is a relaxing sound for me. I do believe I have finished a UFO or at least made progress on one each month this year. My UFO bin is starting to empty out a bit.









3 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Robin...
Love those stockings....

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Cute strip stockings--I used to make some of these years and years ago and cross stitched the date at the top in aida cloth--make them for a couple years that way--thanks for the memory!
and look at you--one more ufo bites the dust!!!
enjoy the moments, di

deebriese said...

Robin these are gorgeous