Sunday, February 4, 2018

February's UFO


It's time to see what UFO I will be working on for February. This month's lucky number is #9. Number nine is a gallon size bag with individual sandwich baggies of hsts. A few years back I purchased a couple medium/large flat rate boxes jammed full of mystery fabrics. I don't remember the price but it had to have been a steal if I bought them. Among the random fabrics were some color sorted 3.5" hsts.






Of course they were all untrimmed. As I was trimming them down to 3.5" I found that a few of them would lose their points at 3.5" so I decided to just trim all of them down to 3". That way they would finish at 2.5" when sewn together.



I started with the blue baggie. If you know me you know these are not my colors. I'm all about the brights and strong colors and these feel a bit muddy and muted to me. Once I cut them down smaller I felt better about them. Still not my style but at least I can work with them now lol.




I think I will sew them into color chunks to start with. After that I'm not 100% sure what they will become.  Maybe they will become a lap quilt or I might just leave them as color block minis. We won't have to wait long to find out.





1 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

good job in trimming down those half square triangles--they can be a bit fussy at times to get them to come right--will be waiting to see what you do decide to do with them--
enjoy, di