Saturday, August 4, 2018

Hand Embroidery





I've always enjoyed hand embroidery but I've only used a handful of stitches in the past. I've decided that this year I'm going to learn as many new stitches as I can. While watching tutorials on YouTube I came across Namaste Embroidery. There are tons of stitch videos but most of them have music playing and no actual talking. I prefer to have someone explain the stitches to me and chat with me so it feels like I'm sitting right next to them stitching along. I know. I'm weird. Jessica also has a website where she sells a variety of embroidery designs. I also found these free designs. Both where on the same printout so I went ahead and stitched each of them. The one on the right is her original design and the heart on the left is her updated version with a few different stitches added. These are meant to be hung right in the hoops you use to stitch them but I think I might make them into a little wall hanging so they can both be together since they're basically the same design.






2 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What prettty hearts--your stitching looks good on both of them so you are moving right along--it is always fun to learn something new !!
enjoy, di

Maria said...

Hi Robin,
Such pretty hearts. I can only do back stitch sew I must learn some different ones..