Monday, August 6, 2018

Rare Bear Charity Sewing


One of my charity projects for this year has been making unstuffed bears for Rare Science. I found this charity while watching videos from Rob Appell  aka Man Sewing on YouTube. In his Rare Bear tutorial video he mentioned that Rare Science prefers that we don't stuff our cute little bears. I figured that was perfect because an unstuffed bear is easier to make and less expensive to ship. Perfect.



This is a picture of my next 8/10 bear heads. I giggle whenever I take pictures like this. When sewing these bears you completely stitch the heads before moving on to the rest of their body parts. I've mailed and donated several of these bears so far but I've decided that I won't be making more next year. I've decided I'm really not a sewn stuffie maker. Too many pieces and it's not difficult to sew the heads to their bodies but it is a bit trying and fiddly. 








0 comments: