Monday, January 12, 2009

What I accomplished





I finished up both placemats. They are both backed with the same jungle bird fabric. I found the bird fabric at the same thrift shop as the duck panel. The tan fabric is left over from another quilt. I need to work on my picture taking skills though. The way I layed it down makes it look all wonky along the top. It is actually pretty even. I just did a quick stitch around the inside of the duck applique to quilt it all together. I was going to do a stipple all around the duck (in the tan section) but decided to just leave it as it is.


I also stitched up hubby's lounge pants. I've made him 3 pairs from this pattern so far. It's funny how each pair fits just a bit differently. I guess it is the type of fabric I used each time. The first pair was from a thinner material, the second was from an old sheet, and now these. I think this Giants fabric is a bit thicker/sturdier than the first fabric.
Unfortunately.... the Giants lost yesterday :( Poor hubby.


The kids received some late Christmas cash and wanted top go out and spend it today (of course). So we ended up spending some time wandering around Target looking for just the right things. Robbie found some weird guy that turns into a ball and a Nerf gun. Mandy blew all her money on Sharpies and other pens at Staples. I'm about 90% done on the flamingo now. I blame it all on the kids.....



P.S. Don't you just love where the doggie ate part of my carpet? Rotten little doggie!

0 comments: