Friday, February 5, 2010

Birthday blocks

 
In one of my online groups I participated in a birthday block swap.

 

You chose a block size...

 

a block design...

 

and block colors.

 

Then, the 20 members make you a block based on your choices.

 

and mail it to you around your birthday.

 

Since my birthday is Saturday (7th)...

 

I have been receiving my blocks and cards :)

 

The block I chose...


 

(in case you couldn't guess) is the Wonky Log Cabin with a white center block and any color they chose for the logs.

I've been receiving blocks each day for about a week now. Very exciting!! I was going to border them in black but now that they are here I'm not so sure I want to use black. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Barb said...

Love your blocks you are getting!!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Happy Early Birthday! I think the birthday block swap is a good idea.

Sashing...maybe the same color as the centers? Black or brown would be pretty too but I'm not sure that all the blocks would pop against a dark background.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

First have a great birthday!!
Love the blocks, what a fun swap and to get all that fun in the mail everyday.
I would sash in white to match your centers but I love white, I think it makes a quilt "pop". Have fun!!

Ruhammie said...

What a fun idea! Happy Birthday! It looks like you have a wide variety of color to work with...maybe something on the lighter side to help each block stand on it's own, unless you want the center color to stand out, then maybe something darker.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Well--my 2 cents worth says a dark tan/beige!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY---
Got any special plans??? want me to come down and we could go out to lunch and visit your favorite quilt shop!!!
Smiles and Hugs, Di

~Laurie~ said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was a great day for you!!
Laurie