Tuesday, March 2, 2010

DQS8

 

Our DQS8 quilts are due to mailed out before Monday the 8th. So in traditional fashion, I started on mine yesterday lol.  This is a pattern I found in a recent quilting magazine. I'll dig out the magazine and post the title when I finish this quilt and post the photos.

The green and red fabric is from Barb. I love to pick up fabric from her shop when I have a bit extra $ burning a hole in my pocket. When I saw this pattern I knew that I just had to use some Samoan fabric for the dress. The dress and the hat are from the same Samoan fabric. The shoes are from the stash. The tan background is from a Walmart sheet I bought awhile back and the green is from Barb also.

I think I'm going to add a narrow tan border to the top and bottom and wide tan borders on the sides. A bit of quilting and a label and it will ready to go in the mail. I think I will try to finish it up
 tomorrow. Not feeling like doing much of anything today. Plus, I have to work tonight and need all the strength I can muster for that. Some days I just don't have the energy for it all.

3 comments:

Barb said...

You are so creative with the Samoan fabrics, I am so glad you are using them...looks great!!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

I really like your doll quilt! I really love the sparkly shoe! How fun!! :)

Unknown said...

I love it and the fabric is awesome....I am such a red fan anyway!!!! the dress is so darn cute.......