Sunday, March 14, 2010

DQS8 rcvd.


I received my DQS8 quilt in the mail this week. It was made by bumbles & lu. It's a ticker tape quilt . I've had a quilt like this on my to do list for some time now. I like how it showcases all the different fabrics. It would make a nice memory quilt from past projects.


The snippets on this quilt were hand pieced/quilted onto the main fabric with different colored embroidery floss. It gives the back a fun look.


These are the goodies that were in the package. Some tissues and some mini notepads. The dinosaurs on the notepads are cute.



This is how the package arrived though. Good thin the quilt was in a plastic baggie though. It has been raining lots here this week and the package was a bit wet. I don't know if there was anything lost or taken out of the package since it was wide open though. This is a good reminder to send fabric items in a plastic baggie and to make sure the package is sealed up nice and tight. When I put on the address label I make sure the tape is holding the label on and also closes up the envelope.  I tend to go a bit overboard when taping packages closed.

5 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a gorgeous quilt!

The last time I used a post office supplied box, the post office told me I couldn't use tape! I think that it because they wanted me to buy a bigger box that had more postage (it was one of those flat rate shipping boxes).

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

AHHHHHHH--another "taper"!!! I also love to tape---my family hates me for it--but hey--it stays shut!!!
I used the wide tape for all the birthday packages I shipped this month and the post office didn't say any thing--soooo!!!
Pretty quilt!!!
We have also gotten a little rain this weekend!!!
Hugs, Di

Barb said...

What a lovely quilt!!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

You won my giveaway! Please come over to my blog to check out details on how to claim it.

Unknown said...

I adore it....I love the white background and it how it shows the fabrics....I would love to make one of these!