Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dizzy, Dizzy Pinwheels or Pinwheels Go Round and Round

I bought a charm pack earlier this year that had lots of stripes and black squares. I love pinwheels so I thought I would go crazy and make a pinwheel quilt with them.



OK, if you sew a bunch of narrow stripes together you get a dizzying effect lol.  I thought about making it a zig zag quilt to cut back on the swirling effect but it didn't work out quite right. Then I thought maybe I should mix in some plain squares to offset the spinning but decided to just go for it. I will probably add a border once I find the right fabric or fabrics.

The way I see it is that not everyone likes the same thing in style and colors. I like to make a variety of quilts so hopefully if someone is looking for a quilt they can find something they like. I know that I am not a traditional quilter so I may as well embrace with style.

6 comments:

Barb said...

That certainly does have alot of movement....what a play with fabrics. Love it!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hey--you have done it again--used the black with great colors--love the quilt---and remember--if you are dizzy in the future--you can not blame it on looking at this quilt too long!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs. Di

Alice said...

I think it is cool. Sort optical illusion-y! Different is good. L,A-

QuiltSue said...

Woww, that must have been so difficult to sew with all those narrow stripes whirling around. It is very effective.

Unknown said...

WOW! That really grabs your eye!

Unknown said...

wow it is a dizzy thing isnt it? as I scrolled down my eyes went every which way....haha....I really like it.