Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Finished Quilts!!




I finally got around to placing the binding on these three quilts. I don't know why I was procrastinating so much. After I made my own binding and put it on the first quilt, it just clicked. Now it goes rather quickly and smoothly. The Barbie quilt has a binding made from all the pieces that are in the quilt. The two ABC quilts have a turquoise color binding that I made from the remnants of a sheet that I used to make my nieces quilt.

The only thing that gave me a hard time was squaring up the Barbie quilt. I learned (the hard way of course) to square everything up BEFORE I quilt it. Since both the front and back are pieced neither matched up. I laid it out on my kitchen floor and used the 12 inch ceramic tiles to help me square it up. Not saying that whoever laid the tiles got them square, but it was close enough to work for me.

I'm pretty sure one of the ABC quilts will be going to our Grandson Nathan for Christmas. He will be one in June and I think this would be a nice quilt for him. I have no idea about the other two. I guess they will be put in my ArtFire shop later this week.

0 comments: