Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Big Green Beast

I added the binding to the beast today. I decided to sew the binding down for a couple reasons.

First, I wanted there to be a definite black "border" around the quilt. Since I sew the binding down to the back first when I machine stitch it down, this gave me that effect. 

Second, I wanted to get it finished so Justin could use it during these very cold nights. He has waited 6 months so it is about time he can have it on his bed.

Third, I knew I wouldn't have the time in the near future to hand sew the binding to the back and didn't want to see it on my sewing table anymore lol.

I love the randomness of the back. I did see a couple puckers in the large black area but that is OK. I used the same green thread in the bobbin when I sewed the binding on as I did to do the quilting. This way the line just looks like part of the quilting. Now it just needs a label.

I think I just might need to make a random striped quilt this year.

**Another windy day makes yet another quilt look a bit wonky**