Thursday, July 8, 2010

BackPack tested

During my 3 day holiday weekend I did get one project done. I made an owl backpack from the pattern I am testing for Katie.


I love this owl fabric. I made this bag from the stash. It still needs the little drawstring clamp but other than that it is complete.  I need to find somewhere I can buy bunches of the clamps because I plan on making many more of these.




It was a great pattern to work from. Katie did a really good job with it. I use my back pack all the time now and it works out really well. I can put it on my back and not worry about a purse slipping from my shoulders while I am shopping. It is also roomy enough to take a project in when I'm at the doctor's office. I had a knitting project in it and there was plenty of room for the needles and skein of yarn.

9 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Smart! I love that fabric!!

Katie :o) said...

Oooooh! I love it, Robin!!!! One of our daughters has extensive special needs... the "two hands free" is a lifesaver for me :o) I'll have to add that perk to the instructions :o) Thanks so much for giving the backpack a test run!

Barb said...

That is awesome!

Unknown said...

Great backpack!! You are right, this would be fabulous to tote projects in any where you go.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You did a great job on the backpack--I love backpacks--but haven't had one in a long time--but I just ordered a pattern with a changeable flap--one has a snowman on it the other a Santa---but I like that 'Owl" fabric--and then there is "cat" fabric and doll fabric--and and and........
Hugs, Di

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely backpack.........

Beeshebags said...

OMG I just love that fabric....hoot hoot....it's amazing how much owly stuff is around again hey? Love the backpack you made....looks even better coz it's in owly fabric. Hugs Naomi

Shari said...

Looks great! Love the owl fabric. Does the top flap fasten down? or does it stay loose?

Unknown said...

love that back pack.....