Saturday, July 17, 2010

Our weather

The weather here in Florida can seem strange sometimes. We have been having lots of rain storms. The weather guys say we are seeing some tropical storms coming through. Lots o big booms and power outages. I'll take these over hurricanes any day though.


We noticed this storm coming through the other day. This is the view from my back door.


I love watching the rain fall especially when it isn't right over my house.



Someone is getting a heck of a storm. See how smart I am? I keep the slip n slide stuff under the dome. It only takes once chasing it around the block before I come up with a simple solution. lol



While the storm was brewing in the back yard, this is what I saw out the front door. Beautiful sky out front. No matter how long we live here (28 years) I will always love the thrill of watching it rain in the street but not in our yard.

5 comments:

Winifred said...

Oh my, that looks like a lot of rain. Nice photos.

Barb said...

Love the pictures Robin....

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I have to say I miss those "crazy" storms from when I lived down there--you could come to an intersection and it would be pouring rain on one side of the traffic light and you would be waiting for the light to change and it would be dry on your side!!!! I also miss the heat lightning in the clouds at night over the ocean--sooo pretty!!!
Hugs, Di

Alice said...

I don't miss those crazy storms, although I think some of them followed me. Stay safe! I love the gnomes by the way. L,A-

Katie :o) said...

Love watching storms coming! Great photos! And I love the "dome" solution :o) We have a great front porch that looks out over a pasture & often watch storms coming across it. (We're at the top of a humongous hill though & often get ripping thunder storms...)