Saturday, December 8, 2018

Hand Pieced -A Quilt Along


Earlier this year I decided that in 2019 I would hand stitch a small quilt from start to finish. I was just going to watch a bunch of YouTube videos and figure it out as I went but thanks to Kristin and Patty I won't have to figure it out on my own.


They are hosting a hand pieced quilt along starting in January.  I will add a link over on the sidebar so you can go check it out and see if you would like to stitch along with me. 




I couldn't wait until January so I grabbed a few 2.5" squares, drew my lines, and stitched them together.


I already do a lot of embroidery so stitching on a line wasn't very hard at all. It will take a little practice to get my hands in a position that works for me.  First time all my seams matched so well.


After Christmas I will be ordering the little wooden seam roller. I think that will help get everything to lay nice and flat. A little more practice on the long seams and I will be all set. I've also decided that while I will show my progress over on my WiP It Wednesday videos, I'll only be discussing my progress here on my blog. 

Is anyone else joining?