Saturday, December 22, 2018

I've Finished My Christmas Crafting!! WooHoo!!


 I'm cutting it a bit closer than I like with my handmade Christmas gifts this year but I am finished and the only thing left is to wrap all the gifts. Now there has been many, many years where I've been wrapping gifts past midnight on Christmas Eve. Hopefully not this year but we'll see.




I have finished Robbie's 4th pair of hand knit socks for Christmas 2018. This is the one pair that he has actually seen the yarn for so it was important that I finished these on time. Robbie wears a size 15 shoe so he does have pretty large feet and my hand made sock blocker makes them look even wider lol. I think I will treat myself to a pair of sock blockers in 2019.



My daughter wanted a bed runner so I made her one that matches her new sheets and her old quilt that I made her back in 2009 I believe. She bought a bed in a bag that had blue sheets and a blue ombre comforter. She doesn't use the comforter but instead uses her red and black quilt that she loves. So I thought red, white, and blue would pull everything together. Not that she cares.  I added the white for the background so that the wonky stars would pop.


It's probably hard to tell in this picture but the fabric we chose for the back is icebergs in the ocean. I let her choose from a handful of blue fabrics and I really like the icebergs.


Here is a little closeup of the wonky stars and you can see the blue grunge fabric that I chose for the binding.  This time I used a serpentine stitch to machine stitch the binding to the front. My Juki has a repetitive star design that I was hoping to use on the binding but it just didn't work out.  That's okay, I'll find another project for the stars.




I also made them a set of hanging towels for their kitchen. I made some for my house last year and my daughter requested some for their house. Little did she know that it would take a year for me to finally get around to making them some lol. 


My daughter loves red so I used the some fabric from the hoodie I made her last year.  Since it is Christmas I used some Santa on a tropical vacation. The orange one is for my oldest Justin. Lime green and orange are his favorite colors. The last one is a Zelda fabric for my youngest Robbie. He loves playing all of the Zelda games and this fabric is from his hoodie. Justin's hoodie had Blue's Clues fabric and I just didn't have enough left over from his hoodie to make him a special towel so I just went with his favorite color.


I hope everyone is on track with their handmade Christmas. 



1 comments:

Maria said...

You have been very busy making all the handmade gifts to put under the tree..

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas Robin....