Saturday, January 12, 2019

Disappearing Baby Quilt





After making Hubby's D9P quilt top I decided that I wanted to make another version. A couple of months ago I made a bunch of bibs and burp cloths for a friend/customer. She always sends extra fabric so I don't have to worry about running out. Then she tells me to keep the fabric :)  I made many, many bibs and burps but there was still a decent amount of fabric leftover so I set it aside to make a baby quilt.  I cut the smaller scraps into 4.5" squares and set the larger pieces aside for the backing.  Because I was working with a set amount of scraps some of the original 9 patches had repeat fabrics in the block. Since I knew I was cutting the 9 patches I was just careful and kept the repeats in the corners. That way each section wouldn't have any repeat fabrics.  I really like how it is turning out.


Have you  used the disappearing 9 patch block in a project? There are so many fun variations that you can make several quilts and they won't look like they came from the same pattern.






1 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Nice colors and a real pretty quilt with that fabric you are using--
when I a get a sewing machine--I do think I will whip up some baby quilts--
and as I don't have any baby prints--it will mean a shopping trip!!!!
luv, di