Sunday, January 6, 2019

We're Stripping This Year


I love participating in swaps of all kinds but I don't always have the time. Each year the ladies over on the TTMT (Talk To Me Tuesday) blog do some type of swap. I haven't joined in yet until this year. This year's swap is more about your own creativity. We are cutting 2.5" WOF strips from some of our fabric fabrics from our own stash. Then we send them into our creative leader and she will mix them all up and send each of us our own TTMT jelly roll. It is going to be fun to see what each person makes with their fabric strips.





I don't always have yardage in my stash but I've recently struck up a barter agreement with someone who has inherited her mom's and another quilter's stash. My part of the barter is to knit several items that are going to be fun to knit.  In return I receive some fun fabrics. These fabrics will come in handy for my charity project this year.





I grabbed some of the brighter fabrics and added in a black and white fabric. I thought that maybe someone might need a contrasting fabric for their project. I chose 10 fabrics and then cut 4 strips from each fabric.





Rolling the fabric strips up neatly is near impossible.




While I had the fabrics out I decided to go ahead and cut 1 strip from each color for myself. That way I can add to the strips that I receive.  I haven't decided on a pattern yet but it has been fun looking at different designs. I might just go ahead and do the jelly roll race since I may be the only quilter who hasn't made one yet. 

Do you participate in swaps?  Have you made a jelly roll race quilt?




2 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I have done a couple exchanges--but other than one==I felt very short changed--and disappointed so haven't done any in along time--and right now with my life so 'up in the air'and no sewing machine-welll--
do love the colors you have cut--good luck with your project--
I am doing the hand piecing bom from Elm Street--at least that is the plan!!!
luv, di

Maria said...

Yes like Di I have often been very disappointed in swaps sew haven't participated in one again...Have fun with yours...