Wednesday, January 9, 2019

New Year - New Start


I received a wonderful package from a fellow crafter in December last year. She knew I loved to hand embroider and she had these designs that she wasn't going to make and she thought I might like them. There was a Santa and a Snowman in the package. I did a little poll and everyone decided that I should start the Snowman first.



It's a bluework design which is basically redwork but you use blue floss instead of red.


I chose to make mine using DMC floss instead of pearl cotton. I really like pearl cotton but when I use it for back stitching it tends to look chunky and choppy to me. I'm sure I'm just using the wrong weight floss but I actually like DMC floss so I don't mind switching. 


I traced Mr. Snowman on a piece of muslin that was included in the package. I managed to get his face done while chatting with a few friends over on my YouTube channel. He's so much fun to work on so I plan on adding him into my weekly rotation.












2 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Nice job so far--
I think I did this one at some point--
have no idea if I still have him or not--
all my snowman collection is still in Fl--hope they aren't melting down there--
they sure wouldn't be here--gonna be real cold for the next week-nights 10-14 and day high of only 24--ouch!!!
luv, di

Bits of Stitching! said...

It’s turning out beautifully! I’m looking forward to seeing your progress!
I love hand embroidery, is my favorite needlecraft and currently have a few WIP’s going. When I saw your video working on this cute snowman I fell in love with it, so got me a similar pattern from Bird Brain Designs that has 3 designs in it, smaller in size... hoping to start one of them soon! I’ll be using perlĂ© cotton size 8 or 12 in blue ;-).