Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hexing quilt top complete


I finished hand piecing the hexagon Halloween quilt recently. I had a fun time working on it. I was worried it might be one of those projects that I am eager to start but then never actually finish.





I hand embroidered different Halloween inspired motifs in the white center hexagons. There's a bat, a couple pumpkins, a few sayings (including BOO), a skull, a witch's hat, and a ghost or two. A fun little mix if I do say so myself :)




I've decided to just square up all four sides and then I can bind it like a regular quilt. I was going to put a border on but then decided I like it just the way it is. I have some more fun Halloween fabric for the back and bindings too.




I'm hoping to get it quilted this weekend. I have a few I would like to get finished this weekend. Luckily they are all baby size.

I still had a bunch of hexes left over so I decided to make a Halloween stocking with some of them. I'm thinking about quilting the top and having a plain back and lining.



Now to decide on the next hex project. If you love hexagons, stop by The Great Hexagon Quilt Along 2!

0 comments: