Friday, May 8, 2009

Quilting along with one crazy mom


AmandaJean is hosting a one a day quilt along. I always want to join in but as usual I tend to join a bunch of things and get very few things accomplished. This time I committed myself. I figured I could handle one a day, right? Well, I knew from the start that I would most likely make a bunch on my weekends off instead of the one a day. I figure that if I am going to get the sewing machine humming, I may as well get a bunch of squares sewn together.



I just dragged a bunch of the little pieces that I saved from various projects and cut them into the required 2.5" squares. Then I moved up to the bigger pieces of scraps. I noticed that I had some definite girl fabrics and then some boy fabrics too. I guess I will be making two quilts for this quilt along :).




I plan on squaring them all up once they are all made. I'm sure there will be more than one wonky looking 9 patch once I'm done.



These quilts will have a variety of colors and designs. The white sashing will bring it all together though. I love scrappy quilts. They have so many things to look at.

0 comments: