Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Baby Doll Quilt


This little cutie was made with some of the I Spy squares from a swap I was in a bit ago. This swap was for 4.5" squares. I pulled out a bunch of the girl fabrics for this little quilt.


It measures 24" X 28" so it can be for a little baby or a baby doll. I think it is a nice size for a carseat or stroller but it has been awhile since our kids were in a stroller so I could be wrong.  I used two different pinks for the binding. These were left over from two other quilts. I usually make too much binding and I always save the leftovers. They work great for scrappy quilts.


I used more of the blue house fabric for the back. I am getting close to the end of this fabric. I know there isn't enough for anymore backings but I should get several blocks from it. I think I like this fabric because of the colors in the houses.

8 comments:

Sarah Payne said...

that is so cute - someone will be very lucky to get that!!

Unknown said...

Very cute quilt!! I am like you, I always make too much binding. But as a result, I have a basket of strips that would make a good string quilt!

Joanne Lendaro said...

cute, cute, cute!! Love it!

Katie :o) said...

Very sweet! Love your description of the backing fabric! My favorite fabrics are the ones that were star fabrics in a big project, then keep showing up in quilts until there are just a couple strings left :o) Almost cried once when I sewed the last @1"x2" chunk of a favorite find into a string quilt for youngest daughter :o) Ok... I can be a little pathetic.... :o)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

LOVE it!!!

sunny said...

Very cute! I hadn't thought to save my extra binding, so thanks for th etip!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my here you are again!!!!
I have my I Spy blocks--and they are just that---still blocks!!!!!
Hugs, Di
PS love the little quilt!!!

Unknown said...

this is just sweet and adorable....I love it....the backing fabric is really awesome....