Thursday, June 17, 2010

Scarves



 


 I recently received a custom order for a couple scarves. One Witch's Hug Scarf and one Cupcake Scarf. Both are crocheted and take a bit of time to make. I think the Witch's Hug is my favorite but the cupcake is cute. The cupcake scarf has red pom-poms for the cherries and beads for the sprinkles. All the beads and pom-poms are hand sewn on. Someone once suggested gluing everything on but I would worry about the glue getting old and all the beads/pom-poms falling off. I've had that happen with Christmas decorations. With them sewn on it makes the scarf washable too.



I also made a second cupcake scarf just in case she didn't like the colors of the first. She just told me that she didn't want the colors all crazy. This one doesn't have beads and will be going into the shop soon.

9 comments:

Maria said...

I think your scrafs are just gorgeous Robin.

Unknown said...

They are both just adorable!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

They are both adorable and very creative!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Love them both!! Great job!!

CJ said...

Hi! Robin,
Oh, my!! these are the cutest scarves! You sure are one busy lady. Thanks for joining us over on the new Pins site, looking forward to seeing you post on the Pins site about some of your wonderful projects:)
Hugz,
Cathy (CJ) ♥♥

Barb said...

You come up with the cutest things.....those are adorable.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I wanna know---do you sleep--or do you just work in your sleep!!!!!
I love them both--great job!!!!
Hugs, Di

Unknown said...

they both are so much fun. I love them!

Katie :o) said...

Oh, what fun! I love the witches hug... and I'm not a halloween fan :o) Just love the goofiness! I enjoyed reading your posts!