Tuesday, August 29, 2017

TTMT #7 A finish


My Talk To Me Tuesday video is a short one this week. After you watch the video scroll down to see some of the pics from my little photo shoot.




I don't remember when I started this Christmas zig-zag quilt but I would bet it's been a wip for over 6 years. I've actually been enjoying working through my pile of wips this year. 




This lap quilt measures about 38" x 46". I started the top way back when everyone was going crazy using HSTs to make zig zag quilts the quick and easy way.


Miss S'mores is checking out how I did the quilting. I knew I wanted some straight line quilting to accent the zig zags bit I didn't want straight lines for the white sections. I went with some simple free motion swirls in the white and 5 straight lines in zig zags.




S'mores loves the pieced back. Part of the Year of WiPs is using what I have so I find myself having to piece backs often. I like an interesting back and this is a good way to rotate stash. Use what you have and you can buy more, right?


close up shot

0 comments: