Friday, March 23, 2018

Sew With Me Stocking Blocks Version #2


This week I have another stocking quilt block design for you. This block was used as part of a private swap on Quilting Around the World in 2015. I haven't been able to find an online version but if you know where it is from please leave a comment so I can properly link to the design. Thanks!










Stocking cutting sizes:

A.   5.5" x 8.5"
B.   1.5" x 4.5"
 C.  1.5" x 12.5"
                         D.  1.75" squares (3 per block)
E.  2.5" x 6.5"
 F.  4.5" x 10.5"

You will draw a diagonal line corner to corner down the center of all D squares.  I recommend waiting to cut piece C until the rest of the block is pieced and pressed. Or, cut a strip the width of fabric by 1.5" wide and sew to the block and trim excess then use left over length to add to the next block.




For those that like my crazy sketches here you go. I did like cutting out my pieces and laying them on the almost exact sized paper version. It kept all the little pieces in order. I really need to make some mini design boards.













0 comments: