Saturday, March 3, 2018

Froggin' Party

Sometimes we fall out of love for a project we are working on.Sometimes they just don't work out they way we had hoped. Sometimes we chose the wrong yarn or wrong color. No matter the reason there comes a time when we just need to frog some projects. This week I went through my project bags and decided whether  I wanted to keep working on each one or frog it.


Here's what I frogged and why....





This was going to be a zebra. I love the the multi-color stripey yarn but I was just not happy changing the colors every row. If I didn't change the colors then it would just be a horse and not a zebra. I haven't knit on it in several months so I frogged it.


Technically I didn't do any frogging with this project. I just decided not to make anymore. I was knitting mittens and stockings for ornaments or advent calendars. The project bag was holding knitting needles, scissors, stitch markers, etc. Now it's empty and back in rotation.


This was going to be a pair of fingerless mitts for me. I completely forgot I had started these. I have different pair on the needles now so I frogged this cuff and put the yarn back in the stash. There was a coupon in the project bag that expired June 2016. Gives you an idea of how long they were lost. 


Just three projects. That's really not bad at all. I do have a couple new projects I want to cast on but for now I'll wait. I want to get a couple more bags emptied but this time I want them finished and not frogged. My needles will never be completely empty and I'm okay with that.








1 comments:

Maria said...

Well done Robin. I need to do some frogging too!!