Friday, June 26, 2009

Boy quilt done

I finished my boy version of the OldRedBarnCo quilt-along. The pic is a bit sideways but it still looks nice lol.

I used the red bandanna fabric for the binding. I wasn't too fond of the fabric in large pieces but it does make a very nice binding. You'll see it in some more quilts soon too.

The backing is once again dyed wrinkly sheets. I dyed a couple more white sheets with a forest green I think. They did not come out as I imagined but still worked out fine. I had to piece the backing for this one. You can see that the two pieces were different shades of the green. Some pieces I left in the dye bath longer than others.