Sunday, June 14, 2009

quilt-along finished

I finished one of my quilts for the OldRedBarn Co. quilt-along. I am a bit ahead of schedule by 2 or 3 weeks I think. I knew I was going to do a simple quilting on this because I used a thin blanket in place of the batting so I just skipped ahead.

I had some binding left over from another quilt and thought it would work well for this quilt too.


The back is an old sheet that I dyed a few weeks ago. It has some permanent wrinkles that I couldn't iron out, but I think it just adds to the character of the quilt.



I also made a quilt top in a boy version from the same quilt-along. This one will get the same treatment as the girls. A dyed sheet for the backing, scrappy binding possibly, and a nice thin blanket for the batting.

This has been a fun quilt-along! I'm planning on making a few more quilts similar to these.

5 comments:

Gail :) said...

I can't believe how far ahead you are! Great quilts ;)

Megan of Sanourra Designs said...

Beautiful quilts. I hope mine turns out so well!

Stephanie said...

Love the quilts, I thought about doing this quilt along, but already had many projects i needed to finish. Good luck winning some good prizes though!

Barb said...

You are awesome, I am still stippling mine...about 2 hours left. You even put a binding on it....you are just way ahead. Love it!!!

karen said...

I love how the quilts are perfect for a girl and the other perfect for a boy. So bright and cheery.