Wednesday, June 24, 2009

swap blocks

I've signed up for a couple quilt block swaps recently.


This one is for the launch swap over at the quiltblockswappers yahoo group. We each needed to make a 12 1/2" block of any design or color. I went for the simple 9 patch since we needed to make 20 blocks. I love the watermelon fabric and the neon green together. I might have to make a pillowcase in the same colors.





These are my 9 patch blocks for the Halloween Spooktacular Swap that Jane is hosting. We need to make 12 identical 12 1/2" 9 patch blocks. I used the neon green in these also. I like how they set off the dark pumpkin fabric and brighten up the block a bit. I also need to make a set of spider web blocks before I mail them off. I think I am going to do some hand embroidery on those. They can all be different so who knows what I will end up with. I'm hoping I can find some spider buttons to add to the blocks.

2 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I have been peeking at blogs to what fun is going on with the swap, and look what I found!! I love them, love your fabric!!

Whitterbon said...

Thanks for the comment about my spooky graveyards... I can't wait to see your webs! This quilt-swap stuff is too fun!