Sunday, July 12, 2009

fabric for the next quilt


I have a lady at work who has requested a baby quilt for her new granddaughter that is due to enter the world in November. Her daughter is having a baby shower in August. I love that she wants to give her granddaughter a handmade quilt to wrap up in. She requested it be very girly. Not being a very girly type person, I hope I did alright choosing fabrics. I'm sure she will like it though.

The two oranges on the right probably won't get used. Now that I have them all laid out next to each other, I'm not sure they blend in well. The flower/butterfly fabric on the right will be the backing. I may just use the oranges and any left overs from the blocks in the binding.

She requested an OldRedBarnCo quilt-along style quilt since she loved the one I made for another coworker. I should be able to start cutting this one tomorrow and have it finished by the end of the week. I love quilting!!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I looooovvvvvee those fabrics and I also enjoyed that Quilt along quilt...it will be great...look forward to seeing pictures.

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Oh - those colors go fabulous together. That is going to be so cute as a baby quilt. I'm sure she will love it! Jenn