Thursday, October 12, 2017

Halloween Hexi Table Toppers


While wandering on around Pinterest recently I came across some hexagon table toppers. I thought they looked really neat so I had to make one... or four lol. I had so much fun making these that I could make a dozen more and probably will.


This one is for my house but you can find the rest in my RsIslandCrafts ArtFire shop. I can't keep them all especially since we don't have any tables lol. I will hang ours on the wall probably.


I like this back but I wish it glowed in the dark. That would be fun even it is on a table and you wouldn't be able to see it. I would know it's there and peek all the time.





I used one Halloween jelly roll that I've had for quite some time for all the Halloween fabric hexie toppers. I really like the lime green, purple, orange combo. I really think these toppers would look great with a big chunky candle in the center. I can picture an orange chunky candle on this one.



I think this is my favorite backing fabric out of all the Halloween hexie toppers. I love pumpkins and so cute with purple witch's hats.





I wasn't sure how a striped hexie topper  would look but I like this one too. This one reminds me of witch's hats. I think it's the stripes messing with my eyes but it's fun





  I've also been hoarding this backing fabric for awhile. Little Halloween badges with cats, bats, and pumpkins oh my!





I had a mini jelly roll sampler from Connecting Threads that I purchased in 2009/2010. I've told y'all I had some old stash to work through before I could restock the stash. lol I love how bright this Springtime topper turned out. Wouldn't this one look sweet with a little Easter bunny and basket in the center? I chose the green backing because it reminds me of grass.





If you're interested in knowing how I made these hexagon table toppers I did do a Sew With Me video over on my YouTube channel. I stitched what I like to call the With's Hat topper in that video.






















2 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Cute--you did a great job on those--
Would you believe that this morning I sewed some jelly roll strips together in sets of three, with an old jelly roll of Christmas fabrics that I am tried of seeing in the Christmas tote!!
was thinking of doing 9 patches--but--might try these instead--hummm???
enjoy the moments,di

Barb said...

Wonderfu hexi toppers