Sunday, October 8, 2017

Ornament a long

I love making ornaments so of course when I saw on Instagram that there is an ornament along going on I just had to join.  I don't know if Tara and Mathew will alternate who hosts that weeks ornament but the first one is located on Tara's blog right here.








This was my first try at the hexie wreath using Christmas music fabric. The fabric is doubled and it just feels a bit bulky to me.




So I made another version using just one layer of fabric. This is actually Christmas fabric that I bought at Jo-Ann's several years ago. It's one of my favorite fabrics. I added lime green buttons and a couple red jingle bells to this one. Hubby and I like this one.



This is what it looks like from the back. It's also how this wreath would look if you just used regular hexies. You would need to make 12 hexies though so both the front and back are clean looking.


I'm looking forward to see what ornament is up next.





1 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

humm--I like that idea--they are cute and would make great mailable gifts too--
I just might have to try one--think I have done this hexie before--but can't remember for sure, so it would be like starting over again for me--
enjoy the moments, di