Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birthday club list

I joined a quilting birthday club recently. There are 18 of us gals making various quilt blocks. For each gals b-day, we will make the square of their choice in their colors and size specifications.

I plan on making one for each of the ladies and an extra for myself. That way I will also have a friendship quilt to keep. I will be adding each ladies name and state to the blocks.

Everyone has picked out some fun blocks for us to make. I will definitely be getting some practice.

I'm putting up a list to help keep me a bit organized. Maybe someone will find a block or two to try out.



January:

none

February:

1st:

Sandra F.

6" Sawtooth star

green, blue, burgundy, gold, biege etc. The color way is very dark. I am not a batik, bright color person.

4th:

Cindie S.

12" Log cabin

pink, purple, green

7th:

Me

12" Wonky log cabin

white as the center. Any color afterwards


Debi G.

12" Depression block

Scrappy as in the directions

16th:

Barbara U.

Memory 12"

peach, tan, cream (cream is the background color)





March



4th:

Linda G.

any 9" block

pinks and browns that are so popular this year. White and off white backgrounds is used.

24th:

Gitte A.

Tilting four patch 10"

greens, tan/cream, and maybe a splash of rose.



April


16th:

Gayden

10"

Sister Star

dark maroon and dark green as shown in pattern


27th:

Marilyn

Any star block that is 12"

creams/blues/gold or yellow



May



17th:

Marianne H.

Any 12" block

tans


June

none



July



13th:

Peni Y.

Balkan Puzzle
12" (use this one)

Christmas fabric and solids in Country colors. Brick, red/maroon, country blue, hunter green, cream on cream-country Christmas prints like Debbie Mumm fabrics.

15th:

Linda H.

12" Sarah's Choice

any pastels and florals



August



7th:

Susan W.

12" Sunlight and Shadows

cream or tan for the background. Dark and light any country colors



September


7th:

Christie

Basket of Chips

Civil War repro. tan/beige no whites


October



9th:

BJ M.

Any 12" star

reds and blacks

Elva P.

12" 9 patch

pink and brown

13th:

Joleen W.

Bachelor's puzzle

Fall colors with the light color in the block being some form of cream.




November




5th:

Jean T.

8" Mock log cabin

black and white

19th:

Bobbi G.

12" 9 patch

blue and yellow




December




5th:

Arlene E.

12" sawtooth star

blues with a cream background



A pretty impressive list. I think I can handle most of them. A few I will need to take it slow with but overall it looks like alot of fun! I will definitely get plenty of practice with the rotary cutter (something I need). Lots of fabric shopping in my future too :)

We are starting with June birthdays but since there are none...onto July!

0 comments: