Friday, April 17, 2009

My Halloween Hex


Moving along pretty well on the Halloween hex quilt. I think it is going to be a baby or lap quilt. I'm planning on doing a row of 3 flowers and then a row of 2 flowers. Alternating until it is the length I like. I do have to do a little research to see how to finish off a hexagon quilt though. I would like to find a way to avoid having all the stops and turns when putting on the binding or to avoid binding completely.

I don't know what will be the backing fabric yet. I do know that I want to quilt it in a variegated orange...I think. Most likely in an all over pattern. It would be nice to have some glow in the dark thread in there too. I'm thinking about adding some hand embroidered motifs in the center of the white hexes too. I'm thinking bats, pumpkins, ghosts, etc. All thing Halloween!

0 comments: