Thursday, August 26, 2010

Candy Corn on the Go!




Once again I joined everyone over at AuntPittyPat's for a Halloween block swap. This year I chose candy corn, mainly because I love the colors. Now the candy...it's OK but not one of my favorites.




I know my colors are in the wrong order but I think they still look great. I like how the colors go from the darker orange to the white. That's my story and I'm sticking to it lol.

I made these with my Go! cutter using the tumbler die. I used scraps so I cut my strips 7" X 2.75" then sewed them into sets of orange, yellow, and white. Ran them through the Go! and Viola! Candy Corn. I used a fancy smancy stitch from my sewing machine to stitch them down to some 12.5" squares of fabric also from my stash.

Only 5 days left until my shoulder surgery (Monday, August 30th) and I still have a couple more projects to get finished. Be on the lookout for a quick little give a-away on Sunday.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Love it....did you get the fabric yet?

Searchfamilies said...

Very nice
Hugs Janice

QuiltSue said...

They look like fun blocks.

Anita in Florida said...

Adorable candy corn blocks! Good luck with your surgery...hope you heal quickly.

Pat said...

Very cute...and I didn't realize the colors were in the "wrong" order and I doubt many others will, either! :)

Wonderful idea of how to use the tumbler die, too.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love these blocks! I have no idea what order the colors go in.

Just JaiCi's Crafts said...

candy corn is my all-time FAVORITE candy!! I love this :)

Tangos Treasures said...

Looks great! Not my favorite candy either, LOL

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What is fall with out having some candy corn around---whether you eat it or just look at it--like I do!!!
but hey now that quilt is a really good idea--and just think it does not call in the "ants"!!!!
Hugs, Di