Monday, August 9, 2010

S'Mores anyone??



A month or so ago I found these little charcoal throw away grills in the clearance section of my local Publix supermarket. They were 2/$3.99 so I grabbed the two they had on the shelf. I thought they might work for making s'mores. I did feel a bit redneck-y out on the front porch with a charcoal grill on top of a gas grill but it was the perfect height and heat resistant. The marshmallow extend-able sticks were from the dollar section at Target. Love that section!



We used to make s'mores in the microwave but the kids love getting all gooey outside. We used to have a fire pit at our old house and it was perfect for roasting marshmallows and hot dogs on sticks. The extand-able sticks are nice but nothing like cutting a branch and making it pointy yourself.


As I was taking pictures I was careful not to get one of Mandy's face because she always teases me about putting her mug shot on my blog. This time, she says aren't going to get a picture of me eating a s'more? Kids, gotta love them, huh?


This picture was snapped just after Robbie put a marshmallow in his mouth. Of course he cooked two marshmallows at a time.

I think they had a good time :) I won't be buying anymore of those little gills though. They put too much lighter fluid on the coals. Way too stinky and probably not the healthiest thing. At least they only cooked a few marshmallows each.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely fun though and oh so yummy!!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

How fun though! I found a great substitute to the messy s'more. Take the large marshmellows and put a toothpick in the end of each one. Roll them in melted chocolate and then into crushed graham crackers. Set aside on wax paper and then to the fridge to firm up! Poppable S'mores! They are devine!! Jenn

Pat said...

You are making me hungry now....STOP IT!!! LOL

sunny said...

Okay, so you're using the word healthy in a blog about S'mores? Get a grip, woman! S'mores are a vitally important part of summer.
Jenn, your Poppable S'mores do sound devine! I could take something like that to work!

Ruhammie said...

That looked like a fun evening! I'll have to email you this Smore recipe my friend made for desert just last night.