Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Plan C












August is the last month for the Year of Schnibbles. It has been a fun year! This month we were able to chose from two patterns. I chose Plan C because I have grown fond of star designs. I had the hardest time getting those the pictures of the patterns on this post. Blogger has been a bugger to work with lately.


I found this pink fabric with red hearts and the Valentine's fabric with all kinds of love sayings on it. I also had a little bit of the red and red/white hearts buried in the cabinet.  I don't think my camera picks up the colors very well though. I think it was too bright outside when I took the pictures.

I also knew I wanted to make the blocks bigger than the pattern called for. I was aiming for 12" blocks thinking it would turn into a 36" X 36" baby quilt. I started cutting without planning again. I made the centers of the stars 12.5" and the four patch blocks 12.5" not thinking about the star points.


It now measure 61" X61". Now instead of a little baby quilt, it will be a toddler/lap quilt. Works for me!


10 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your Plan C is cute! A toddler/lap sized quilt is always a good size.

Unknown said...

perfect size and i love the fabrics you used...

Katie :o) said...

Love the wonky approach! What fun to wind up with a toddler quilt :o) The monkeys on your blog side bar are toooooooo cute!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

All I can say is---you are a "HOOT" girl friend!!!! even if you didn't have monkeys on the sides!!!!
Love the colors--you did a great job!!
Hug, Di

Barb said...

I like what you did...

Sinta Renee said...

Wow! You are on top of it! It would have taken me days just to think of the alternate plan! You Plan C looks great/big impact done in the black and white!

QuiltSue said...

It's a verry striking quilt. I think toddler/lap quilts are great as they can be used for lots of different people and occasions.

Micki said...

Katie sent me over. I am from Ireland, and I love your Schnibbles quilt. I plan on doing one. I just ordered the Schnibbles Times Two book. I heard that you are into crochting too. I will be checking that out.I love to crochet also.
I am looking forward to reading your blog!
Micki

Jo said...

I never thought of making it larger. That's one of the things I love about blogging...you can see so many different options and ways of doing the same thing. CUTE!

Marianne said...

That was a clever idea. Love how it turned out!