Saturday, August 14, 2010

More Elephants



When my step mother saw the owl backpack I made for the birdie swap she loved it and requested one for herself. I knew she liked elephants so when I saw this fabric at JoAnn's I knew it would be perfect. I also love the aqua and brown as you can see here. The drawstring is a shoelace. Perfect color and nice and sturdy. My step-mother will be taking her new backpack to Bristol next weekend for the Nascar race.


I used the aqua dots for the lining. I added some pockets and now it is good to go. I struggled with this backpack from the very first cut. The first cut made the elephants run around the bag sideways. Then I struggled with the straps and sewing in the lining. Then the drawstring gave me trouble. The bag looks great but I am so happy that it is done. Do you ever have one of those projects that gives you trouble from the start?

8 comments:

Barb said...

That is just tooooo cute...and I too love aqua and brown...

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'd never know from looking at this that you struggled at all. It really is adorable!

And yes, I've had those kind of projects. Generally, I walk away for a day or so and things are better.

Micki said...

It is so pretty...the blues and browns go so well together.
Micki

Abby and Stephanie said...

Great bag and great colors. Lucky step mom!

Katie :o) said...

What fun! Love the elephants :o)

Kimara said...

First off... lovely bag! Love the colors and the elephants. As far a a project that has given me trouble... let's just say I admire your perseverance. I must admit I have a stack of uncooperative AND unfinished projects tucked away in the back of my closet that I plan to revisit some day... or not!

Searchfamilies said...

Very nice you done a great job
Hugs Janice

Unknown said...

I love these....I am a huge brown and aqua fan too and the elephants are so cute...
I have heard that backpacks can be hard to make.
I have been making doll clothes and it usually takes me two tries to get them right. Any more than two and I would quit!!!