Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Table Cloth Finish



I finally finished the table cloth a family friend ordered. I used my Go! cutter to cut the squares. I used the 4.75" die and fat quarters. The way the fat quarters were folded made it very easy to run through the Go!  It measures 81" X 48" and has no batting. It was a bit different to work on than the usual quilts I make. Some of you may notice it is also not my normal colorway but I think it looks nice anyways.

Back

I had my daughter help me with the photos. I thought this one was kind of fun. The backing fabric was the one that Ramie helped me find. Who would have thought brown paisley fabric would have been so hard to find? Not me. Thanks Ramie!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice finish! I am sure they will love it!

Pat said...

I'm glad to hear more about this. I saw it on AccuQuilt's Facebook page and knew it had no batting but I did't know you had put a backing on it. I was wondering how it would launder with NO back on it. (I thought you had just hemmed the edges of the top.) Now I know it has a back....so I'm sure it washes up wonderfully after it is used. Your friend should be pleased with it!

Just JaiCi's Crafts said...

Love it!
I am working on some table-cloths myself and was debating batting....will you give me some of your insights on pros and cons?!?!>!

Ruhammie said...

I'm glad I could be of help! I'll take any excuse to go fabric shopping. I really liked that paisley so much that I kept the smaller piece I found at the first JoAnn's.