Saturday, August 28, 2010

Leftovers

Not a very exciting title for a post but it is what it is. Actually, that phrase (It is what it is) is the way I have been living my life lately. There are some things that you just can't change and you have to accept them for what they are. It is what it is. I keep telling my kids you can't change what other people do or think, you can only change how you react to them. It's a hard road to ride but it can be done. You can't let negative things or people weigh you done. OK, not what I had planned to say but sometimes you just gotta go with the flow :)



Earlier this year I contacted a few of DI's followers to donate blocks for memory quilt for her dear friend Mary that passed away earlier this year. I knew there would be two extra squares arriving after the quilt was finished. I ended up receiving three blocks. I was planning on making a pillow for Di's rocking chair because she seems to enjoy changing out the pillows based on her mood but a third block threw me for a minute or two.  I held onto these blocks trying to decide what to make with them. Then one day while in the shower (where I get lots of good ideas) I realized a tote would be perfect for Di. She likes to walk around town with her sister and go thrift shopping. She also travels to the library on a regular basis so I think a tote will come in handy.


I love the front...



The back looks pretty good too...



A nice roomy inside...


The third block became a mini table topper that Di already found a home for. 


...and the back of the 12" mini topper.

Now, since I received so many wonderful blocks and I ended up shuffling them around so much I'm not sure who made these blocks. Ladies, if you made these blocks please let me know which one is yours so Di can thank you personally?