Saturday, August 22, 2009


All quilting came to a big halt today. I managed to break my rotary cutter. Yes, apparently you can break a rotary cutter lol. The ladies at JoAnn's were surprised that you can break a rotary cutter. At my house, nothing is unbreakable. For a couple weeks now I have been fighting with my cutter. The blade was only coming out half way (I have a fiskers) so I couldn't cut more than 1 or 2 pieces of fabric at a time. In the middle of cutting fabric for some blocks the darn thing decided not to stay out at all. Every time I put a little pressure on the blade it would run and hide inside the cutter. Chicken. I guess the blade just had enough and didn't want to play any more. Chicken.

I didn't want to slow down the quilting mojo so I ran out to JoAnn's and picked up a new cutter. They had a package deal for 2 cutters and mat for around the same price as one cutter. I want to buy one of those circle plastic ruler/templates and knew I would need a smaller cutter so this worked out good for me.

It was like slicing through butter as the saying goes. After struggling for so long it felt real nice to be able to easily slice through a stack of fabric.

0 comments: