Monday, August 3, 2009

From bumper to quilt


This is the quilt I made from the baby bumper I picked up at a garage sale for fifty cents. I loved how it had the embroidered vehicles on it. After playing with the design, the family and I decided on putting all the vehicles in the center. At first I was going to try the checkerboard style, but it didn't look right. Too many similar colors touching each other.


I didn't want to quilt through the embroidered pieces so I meandered around them and outlined the center section. The binding is left over pieces.


This will be part of the gift pack for my son's friend. I'm sure he will love it...I know I do! Now to get to work on the girl bumper pad quilt.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I see cute baby bumpers at the goodwill all the time.