Thursday, August 6, 2009

Spooktacular swap update

I'm almost finished with my theme blocks for Jane's Spooktacular Swap! I just need to sign my name on the front. I want to see if I can find a gold pen to write my name somewhere in the web design.

These blocks are all from things I had around the house. The black fabric was a sheet in it's former life until I brought it home from the thrift store. The purple spiders are cut from a fleece blanket that I used as backing for some bibs. I have a box full of embroidery thread that I use for small projects (I did have a few almost full skeins in there too).

I went back and forth about whether or not these would be good for the swap but I really like how they turned out. Plus, a swap is about getting a variety of things and I hope these will be a nice surprise in everyone's quilts.


Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh my goodness, look at how cute they are!! I love them and so will the girls in your group!