Sunday, August 23, 2009

stringing along


I've been wanting to start a string quilt for awhile now. After getting the new cutter, I decided to get started. I can now see why it takes most quilters a long time to actually make a strings quilt. It is boring and tedious. It takes a long time to get one block done. OK, it doesn't take but a couple minutes but it feels like a long time! Anyways, I love it and will keep working on it when I have a few minutes here and there until I have enough to make a quilt. How big will it be...who knows. I'll probably just keep making blocks until it feels like the right size. I have plenty of scraps and many more to come.

2 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh my gosh, I just love it!! I need to try that someday, I love the look!

MyCretanlife said...

I am going to make a string quilt one day. Thats a promise and I am already saving up my scraps of fabric.