Wednesday, August 12, 2009

swap blocks


I joined the Signature Block Swap over at Melissa's blog. I have 35 out of 70 completed (and now signed). I ran out of the Civil War repro fabric and had to order more.


When I was making the blocks, I put a second seam line on the corners so I would have these little beauties. Each time I make a block that allows me to do this I go for it. I'm hoping to have a nice little pile when I'm done to make a fun "leftover" quilt/wall hanging.


I also joined the Christmas swap over at Quiltblockswappers. We needed to make 4 12.5" blocks using Christmas fabric. I had some bits of the red/white stripped fabric and thought CANDY CANES! I just went with a simple raw edge applique. These will fray when washed.


I also joined the fall block swap. Here we were again making 4 12.5" blocks but using fall fabrics. I had some bits of these two fabrics and thought I would applique leaves this time. I used a fancy stitch from my machine to sew down the raw edges. I'm not a big fan of using a zig zag in appliques. I don't care most of the time for the bump it leaves. Plus, I can't seem to get it right.



This is the back. I like this side too.

2 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh my, and I thought I loved swap!! how fun, I love your blocks!

Cindi said...

i really love you signature blocks...they remind me of the quilts my aunties made when i was growing up. thanks for the good memory reminder