Monday, August 31, 2009

Swap mail


I joined a scrap swap over on swap-bot. We had two partners and needed to send them each a 6" X 9" envelope with at least 10 scraps from our stash. The pieces needed to be at 2" square. This is one of the packages that I have received so far, I don't normally buy flower fabric so these will be a nice addition.




I want to try to make at least 3 string blocks each week. Probably won't happen but it's nice to have goals :) They are good to make when I want to sew but my mind is too fuzzy to work on a block that needs to be "perfect". There's no math in a string block. If you do anything that isn't quite right...who cares. As long as my foundation fabric is covered, I'm a happy camper.

1 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

i tried to get into that swap but was to late...
I have alwasy wanted to try my hand at a string quilt, love your block!